Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics
- Mountain View, California
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Data Scientist in the Data Analytics & Science team. Someone who is a creative problem solver with a passion to deliver advanced data-driven solutions. You will work alongside product managers and marketers to grow payroll business at Intuit
The Small Business Data Analytics & Science team drives user growth, active use and retention using product insights and marketing channel optimization for the Small Business Group (i.e. Intuit QuickBooks). We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will partner with our payroll product and marketing teams and drive profitable growth. As a senior member of the analytics team, you will have a strong track record of combining advanced analytics skills, knowledge of product analytics and exceptional analytical acumen.
- Leads complex analytical initiatives, developing tracking, combining data from multiple sources to extract meaning , reconcile assumptions, and identify logical path for action
- Understand the current ecosystems, historical customer behaviors, and long-term trends in order to identify ways to improve and communicate the necessary information to key partners
- Partner closely with revenue growth, sales and marketing teams, develop internal and external data sources to be used in propensity modeling and predictive analytics.
- Partner with leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports); build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Define, implement and standardize metrics, reports and dashboards leveraging Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Provide insights to the leadership team on impact of strategic initiatives on the key metrics
Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years of experience in generating and presenting insights from marketing/product data; experience in advanced analytics and optimization a plus!
- Experience with customer behavioral analytics and or marketing analytics
- Domain expertise in subjects such as experimental design and Multivariate/A-B testing
- Advanced SQL skills to perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch; experience working with granular web clickstream data and behavior tracking tools like SiteCatalyst!
- Knowledge of programming languages and stats packages (e.g. python, R); comfortable running multiple regression analyses
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers and build consensus with teams
- Bachelor degree in Business, engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA or graduate degree in a related field a plus
Size 5000+ employees