Enterprise Data Architect
- Oasis Financial
- Rosemont, Illinois
The Enterprise Data Architect will have a dual role in the organization. The Enterprise Data Architect will work with stakeholders, both business and IT, to build holistic view of the organization’s data architecture and drive alignment to the overall enterprise data strategy. This includes modifying business processes and applications to optimize data flow and foregoing the need for redundant data. The Enterprise Data Architect will also be the overall database administrator across all technology platforms. This includes working closely with developers and infrastructure teams to optimize application code, designing database schemas, optimizing database performance, capacity planning and management. The Enterprise Data Architect position is an individual contributor role and will report to the Chief Information Officer. This position in based in Oasis’s Rosemont offices.
- Serve as the overall data liaison to the business and IT in developing and linking technical solutions to company requirements, goals, objectives, with emphasis on driving to an enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) strategy that includes reporting, analytics and master data management.
- Technical advisor and subject matter expert on the effective use of BI, data analytics, and database technologies.
- Defines, documents and maintains data and technical environment/architecture and deployment methodologies to enable integrated solutions.
- Advises IT and other business regarding the feasibility and impact of proposed approaches to project solutions in terms of systems capabilities and established data standards and technology architecture guidelines in accordance with best practices.
- Logical and physical data modeling, as well as overall database design, development, implementation and support of complex database environments that exist across all platforms.
- Ensure existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded, governed and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Develop and document data architectural solutions and recommendations using best practices for business products.
- Proven experience with designing and maintaining logical / physical data modeling across a number of different data management platforms.
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Define, understand, monitor, implement and support solutions to protect the privacy, integrity and availability of all data collected and stored within the organization.
- Maintain database performance and availability by identifying and resolving production and application development issues.
- Provide input, influence, and support the overall BI/Analytics strategy.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to ‘translate’ between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Define and execute the data roadmap - assess current and anticipated future business intelligence trends as to potential use/impact
- Be comfortable working within all levels of the organization – adjusting style and approach to match audience. This includes presenting to senior executives and/or managing and working with business analysts, developers as well as addressing application code/technology issues.
Qualifications / Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. An MBA or advanced degree is strongly preferred, but not required.
- 7+ years of required hands-on IT experience including but not limited to SQL database design and management, BI/data warehouse/analytics, and custom development.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and/or supporting a BI solution including reporting, analytics and master data management.
- Expertise in data architecture and modeling, relational database technology, transaction processing and data warehouse design.
- Prior experience with Azure platform (Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factor, Azure Machine Learning), Power BI and statistical packages.
- Experience with established and emerging data technologies and concepts.
- Experience in leading data integration and change management.
- Ability to understand business requirements/processes to convert into solution designs.
- Ability to influence and align key stakeholders towards a common goal, drive results and facilitate change.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, creative with the ability to work on own initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior leadership and drive alignment and decision making.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to present multiple technical solutions, pros and cons of each and recommendation.
- Occasional travel to Westlake Village, CA.
Size 1 to 10 employees