- Seattle, Washington
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking to hire a Data Architect to join our team. You’ll be responsible for managing our in house data warehouse including data modeling, SQL development, ETL management and dashboard support. You will be working collaboratively with all internal stakeholders for reporting requirements, developing business views, and importing new data sources to generate key performance metrics. Your experience with data modeling and SQL development will be key in driving an easy and scalable data model for users to consume.
Business Systems Team Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Interviewing business users (Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, HR) to understand the areas where the reporting and data needs are
- Building scalable and easy to use data views for business users to consume
- Maintaining ETL processes to bring data from multiple data sources into the relational database layer
- Providing support in building dashboards and reports on various BI visualization tools.
Qualifications / Experience
Let’s Talk If You
- Have 6+ years of database management, data modeling, and SQL development on large scale enterprise datasets
- Experience building bulk data integrations on an IPaaS (such as Informatica, Mulesoft, Talend)
- Have worked with SaaS system data like SalesForce, Netsuite and Marketo
- Have worked with a Cloud data warehouse like Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake
- Have worked with BI visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana
- Fundamental understanding of integrating with REST APIs
- Consider yourself a master at SQL development
- Think in terms of simplicity and scalability when implementing solutions. No overengineering needed
- Have a knack for listening and interpreting user requirements and then turning them into technical realities
Bonus Points For
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience with Google BigQuery & Talend
- Being Amazing.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Option to work 100% remote or from any office
- Stock options
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building phenomenal products
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Size 1 to 10 employees